Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Removing my half and half hair dye

Anyone who knows me knows how often I dye my hair. I get bored within weeks and am always trying interesting new colours.

Last December I went for half black, half white blonde hair.


I loved it, and over the next few months played about with different colours on the white side. As is always the case, I got bored and decided I wanted to one colour all over again. I massively underestimated how difficult this would be to do. 

By the time I went to start, my hair was a pretty big mess of colours as the half and half was difficult to maintain on my own. 

The blonde side was a mess of pink and blue, and the black had chunks of red and green. Yet I still reckoned it would be easy enough to just bleach it all and start again. I used LOreal Preference Extreme Platinum, which I've previously had good results with when going brunette to white blonde. 


Except apparently if you're going from black and red to blonde, it doesn't work like that. As can be seen by the disaster pieces below.






My hair was green and orange, and the ends were absolutely fried. So I booked a haircut and hoped they wouldn't comment on the colour too much as I couldn't afford to get it fixed there.. 

Nope. 

"What the hell have you done now? Why? What on earth did you use? Why do you do this? Just please let me do the colour..." 

After being told off, I had more of my hair cut off than I've lost in years, I was pretty ready to cry, but at least it felt slightly better..? As can be seen in this candid post trauma shot;


I've always had hair way down my back and am still slightly gutted. I went home and my next set of dye had arrived. When doing my crazy colours I tend to use La Riche Directions dye, as it's conditioning so doesn't damage my hair, and the results are always really vibrant. It's also available on eBay for less than £3 a pot and can be added to conditioner for pastel colours or to spread it further. I put the shade violet on and set it for about two hours and here it the end result. 



It's still much darker on the left, but I'm looking more purple allover, it's going to be a long process to get back I think but I'm happy for now. If you're after going half and half, do. It's great and reasonably easy to do with the help of a friend, but do bear in mind how you'll get it out after. I would very much recommend having it professionally recoloured if you can afford it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

COCOPOCALYPSE

(attempted) BEAUTY BLOGGER

I'm 20, I live in brighton and I love make up, baking, dogs, music and the strange.

I plan on attempting to construct something reasonably readable but promise nothing.