Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Too Faced SemiSweet Chocolate Bar Palette Review



If I could marry a palette I would marry this one. I would take it off into the sunset and spend the rest of my life with it, every day in bliss. 

I was very hesitant to buy the semisweet palette as I already own more neutral palette than any one face needs, but as I STILL can't get hold of the sweet peach palette (seriously if anyone knows anywhere I can get hold of it please PLEASE let me know) I thought I'd give it a go...

First impressions wise, I love the novelty packaging and it comes with a really handy 'how to' guide, ideal for some inspiration.


But the smell... Oh god the smell. Having not owned anything by TooFaced before I was nervous that it would smell like that nauseating fake chocolate smell that you get in cheap candles and other things that are meant to be chocolate scented, but it's lovely. It doesn't smell exactly like chocolate in my opinion, but it is lovely and sweet and it makes me happy when I open it up. 

It consists of sixteen different shadow shades, mostly neutral browns and oranges, with a few pops of pink and blue. There is a good mixture of matte and shimmer shades, with a couple of glitters too.


I absolutely love that you get larger pans of the light, highlighting colours, as these tend to be the colours that you use most of. It's simple but well thought out and was definitely a push factor in buying the palette.

Swatches over Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original and over nothing. Excuse the patchy swatches... I'm impatient and didn't wait for the primer to dry.
The colours in this are great and you can do SO much with them. They are all lovely and creamy, except Coconut Creme which is a tiny bit chalky. The pigmentation is absolutely amazing. With the Naked palettes I find I have to load up my brush quite a bit, but I barely have to touch these shadows to get great colour payoff. In fact I got caught out the first time I used it and ended up swiping a big, thick, dark brown line across my eyelid as I completely wasn't expecting it. 

I've been looking everywhere for a palette with great peachy oranges and totally wasn't expecting it from a chocolate bar palette, but Bon Bon, Caramel and Peanut Butter are exactly what I was looking for. 

I would recommend this to anyone. Especially as a first time buy or if you are on a limited budget. This palette will do everything you need and more.

This palette is available here for £37


No comments:

Post a Comment

COCOPOCALYPSE

(attempted) BEAUTY BLOGGER

I'm 20, I live in brighton and I love make up, baking, dogs, music and the strange.

I plan on attempting to construct something reasonably readable but promise nothing.